ThemeJam
Organic Themes

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why the Blogging Turtle Beats the Blogging Hare Every Time!

Guest Post by Michael-John Wolfe

I have to admit, I started my blog - Residuals and Royalties with a passion and conviction to become one of the top bloggers in the "make money online" niche. I had a great Wordpress design and I was posting every day. Like the hare in the old children story - I started out fast! I was excited to see my blog gaining traffic and for months I kept posting at an amazing pace. Then when I noticed that I was not making the money I had hoped, in fact I was not making much money at all - I did what most bloggers do. I quit. I stopped posting almost altogether. I may have added a post here and there - but that initial drive was gone. This is the reason why I am not a top blogger and if I plan on becoming one - I better start acting more like the turtle.

Being like a turtle requires a slow steady pace of building inbound links to my blog and posting at least 3 times a week. Consistency is the key to success. I just wish someone would have told me that a year ago. The fact is - if you want to be like Shoemoney, Darren Rowse or John Chow - you have to be consistent.

I haven't given up my plan of becoming a top blogger and I believe my website has all the makings of a top blog. But as of now, I am going to start living life like the turtle. My goal is to slowly move to the top few pages of Google for the search term - make money online. This term gets 600,000 to 1,000,000 searches per month. I plan on monetizing my blog so that advertisers will want to purchase space. I plan on building a following via twitter, RSS and Aweber. These are the secrets to becoming a top blogger. So if you'd like to watch me grow, check out my blog at the link below.

I have spent the last year finding legitimate ways to make money online and I am sure you will find a few gems there for yourself. I currently make about $900 a month online, which is no where near my goal. But hey, it's a start.

Author Bio:
Check out Michael-John Wolfe's Residuals and Royalties blog at: make money online

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More